GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACT
- Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered participants of the meeting.
- Abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English or French with accurate grammar and spelling.
- Abstracts must be received by the deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Abstracts stating "data will be discussed in the presentation" will not be accepted.
When submitting the abstract, the Abstract Submitter have to confirm the following:
- All named authors have previewed this abstract and that all information is correct.
- All named authors are sole owners or have the rights of all the information and content.
- I confirm that the contact details are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the co- authors about the status of the abstract.
- Authors should have been granted the permission from their Medical Director or MedCo (for MSF Staff) or by the relevant hierarchical manager (for external participants).
SUBMITTED ABSTRACTS SHOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
- Presenting author's and Co-authors' details
- Full first and family name(s).
- Affiliation details: Mission, Project, Operative Centre, country, email address (corresponding author)
- Abstract title – limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 300 words. We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words.
- Abstracts should be structured and clearly state:
- Background and aims
- For Case studies please use the following structure:
- Case Description
More information about this format here.
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appear the first time.
- Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
- Tables – A maximum of 2 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract.
- Graphs and Images – A maximum of 2 images can be included per abstract. The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. Graphs and images may be sent in JPG, PNG and GIF format only.
Disclosure of financial relationships that the author(s) may have with the manufacturer/ supplier of any commercial products or services related to the work, should be indicated in the appropriate box on the abstract form.