GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACT
- Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered participants of the meeting.
- Abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English or French with accurate grammar and spelling.
- Abstracts must be received by the deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Abstracts stating "data will be discussed in the presentation" will not be accepted.
When submitting the abstract, the Abstract Submitter have to confirm the following:
- All named authors have previewed this abstract and that all information is correct.
- All named authors are sole owners or have the rights of all the information and content.
- I confirm that the contact details are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the co- authors about the status of the abstract.
- Authors have been granted the permission from my medical director, head of mission or medco, or whoever is concerned/relevant.
SUBMITTED ABSTRACTS SHOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
- Presenting author's and Co-authors' details
- Full first and family name(s).
- Affiliation details: Mission, Project, Operative Centre, country, email address (corresponding author)
- Abstract title – limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 300 words. We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words.
- Abstracts should be structured and clearly state:
- Background and aims
- For Case studies please use the following structure:
- Case Description
More information about this format here.
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appear the first time.
- Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
- Tables – A maximum of 2 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract.
- Graphs and Images – A maximum of 2 images can be included per abstract. The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. Graphs and images may be sent in JPG, PNG and GIF format only.
Disclosure of financial relationships that the author(s) may have with the manufacturer/ supplier of any commercial products or services related to the work, should be indicated in the appropriate box on the abstract form.